LITTLETON, NH - The final voting results on Littleton's $1.2 million new DPW building request are going to be recounted.
"The votes did not quite make the 60%," said Littleton Selectwoman Marghie Seymour, reached by phone Wednesday morning.
The push for the new building, which will replace the current one located on West Main Street, ended with a 604-411 vote, or 59.5%, according to results posted on the town's website.
All other articles passed according to the results, including an approved $7,933,163 budget.
Also passed were requests for a new highway department dump truck, expanded weekend coverage at the fire station, a new police cruiser, resurfacing of tennis courts and funding to cleanup an area by the river for recreational use.
"We're hoping that there's gonna be a whole new section of town that's gonna tie in to our really vibrant Main Street and give us some more reasons for people to come here," Seymour said.
Incumbent Mike Gilman was also re-elected as selectman.
Democratic candidate Mike Cryans, a Littleton native, won the votes in his hometown for the District 1 Executive Council seat formerly held by Ray Burton. But he lost the majority votes for the district and conceded to Republican Joe Kenney early last Wednesday.
A complete list of Littleton's election results can be found here.
CLARIFICATION: An earlier NewsLINC report indicated the DPW request had been approved after receiving misinformation from a Town Clerk office employee. NewsLINC regrets the error.