Tomassoni's Wood Fired Pizza Fire

EAST BURKE - Newly opened pizza shop, Tomassoni's Wood Fired Pizza, suffered damage early Thursday morning from combustable material in the kitchen.

Tomassoni's, located at 570 RT 114 East Burke, VT had recently celebrated its grand opening on November 5th. Around 5:40 AM Thursday morning, the East Burke Fire Brigade responded to a call of a "possible electrical fire". Considering the age of the building, the East Burke fire department transmitted a "2nd Alarm Structure Fire" where surrounding departments were called in to help put out the blaze.

The cause of the fire wasn't due to anything electrical however, the East Burke Fire Brigade declared that "combustable material in the proximity of the oven, had combusted". The building suffered substantial damage on the interior. Owner John Tomassoni, wrote on the official "Tomassoni's Wood Fired Pizzas" Facebook page stating "We have a plan to get it all fixed up, but it will take some time. My shop will remain closed until further notice." This was the second time that multiple fire departments have responded to a fire in the building. Earlier in July, a chimney connected to their wood-fired pizza oven sparked a fire that quickly spread throughout the interior.

For more updates follow their Facebook page for any new information regarding the status of Tomassoni's Wood Fired Pizza.